Header 5

The total population of Latgale at the beginning of 2014 was 314,218 people, which is approximately 14.40% of Latvians. 60% inhabit cities and the remaining 40% are situated in rural areas.

Around 180,000 people or 62.5% of the region’s population are at the working-age, which is in line with the countries average.

Latgale has the highest unemployment rates in the country reaching 17.6% at the beginning of 2014. This is especially true for rural areas because in the cities unemployment is significantly lower: 9% in Daugavpils and 14.9% in Rezekne.

The region has the lowest wages in the country amounting to around 70% of Latvia’s average. In 2013, the average wage in Latgale was 490 EUR per month.

Ethnic composition of residents: Latvians 45%, Russians 37.5%, Poles 6.7%, other nationalities 10.8%. The composition varies widely between cities and counties.

0d2dce65c0a5be87800dcdd9b1cd4bf697d391be
B98a487dc3f170b7f6369c7f6cafe19a5a662e4a
E40668be66baec8b61880903bf01ba8be497ab20
F14f0be6e0d6a38d6c8bffa00524b1f5b6abddc6
7715b6260847c157db4a54b8cc18a64fea056b59
 

 

Twitter

Apr 16
RT @dagdai: Aicinām iedzīvotājus izteikt viedokli! Lai noskaidrotu iedzīvotāju viedokli par iecerētajiem projektiem, līdz 30. aprīlim Dagd…
Apr 16
RT @EM_gov_lv: Šodien @Brivibas36 apstiprināja 8. Progresa ziņojumu par Latvijas nacionālās reformu programmas īstenošanu. Latvijas progres…
Apr 16
RT @LV_portals: Vilkmes faktori, kāpēc cilvēki atgriežas, ir kopējā tautsaimniecības attīstība, algas līmeņi, attieksme pret to, kas Latvij…
Apr 12
Šodien Daugavpilī tiekoties ar AS Rīgas centrāltirgus tirdzniecības organizēšanas nodaļu meklējām risinājumu reģion… https://t.co/cgoKovcEO8
Apr 12
RT @J_Hermanis: No Latvijas 🇱🇻 mājsaimniecībām rūpējas par.. * kaķiem 🐈 - 38% * bērniem 🧒 - 27,2% * suņiem 🐕 - 27% https://t.co/m4riKF09h0