The colorful history of Latgale has cultivated a unique and varied culture in the region.
Some noteworthy cultural stopping points:
- Mark Rothko art center (original gallery of a famous abstract expressionist Mark Rothko, located in Daugavpils);
- Livani glass (A glass museum with unique artistic examples of glass craft from the old Livani glass factory).
- The fort of Daugavpils (area of 150 ha, built and left unchanged in early 19th century, located in Daugavpils);
- Creative service center “Zeimuls” (a new interesting and impressive building with many steep planes, located in Rezekne).
- Acoustic concert hall GORS (cultural heritage for the region which hosts world class concert, located in Rezekne);
- The theater of Daugavpils (quality theatre in both Latvian and Russian languages).
- Aglona Basilica (the center of Latvian Catholicism and an important place for pilgrims);
- The mountain of churches in Daugavpils (churches from four different denomination built side-by-side as a sign of mutual respect and coexistence, located in Daugavpils).
- Various craft centers (pottery, ceramics, weaving, wicker weaving etc., various places situated all throughout Latgale).